18 Dec The Gift of Hosting
It’s finally that time of the year! We’ve created a short checklist for you to host with ease while also enjoying the joyous time spend to engage with love ones.
Hosting with ease
While hosting at your own home, might be a little bit overwhelming and stressful at times – especially if it’s a large group of people – the focus of why you are throwing this get-together should be your main focus at all times. Do you want to catch-up with family and friends; do you want to treat your loved ones with good food and good company; do you want to relax with your favourite people? Well then, this should make things much easier when planning what you want to do and how you should organise the event.
- Decide on a theme
- Send out an invite
- Choose a menu and drink selection
- Brainstorm table decor and settings
- Compile a to-do list that breaks down a grocery and food preparation list
Here are also a few pro tips to keep in mind
- On the day of the event, start at your guest toilet and bathroom, make sure there’s enough toilet paper, a clean hand towel, hand soap and room freshener. It goes without saying that the whole room and toilet should be sparkling!
- Choose easy to prepare finger food that’s easy to put together ahead of time. Think delicious cheese or charcuterie board.
- Act like you’re the guest and enter from your front door. Move through the house like you would have if you were a guest. That way, you might see opportunities to improve the whole experience.
- Do as much as you can the day before.
- Utilise as much of the things that you have around your house.
And finally, just remember that people want to feel loved and feel welcomed. They do not care about a perfect home or food. Enjoy!